The FMB is the Federation of Master Builders, a governing body within the construction sector established over 75 years ago. It’s a UK non-for-profit organisation which seeks to improve building standards and works. Their aim is to ensure consumers/the general public are receiving the standard of workmanship expected when they employ a builder to carry out works.
How can I identify a FMB Member?
All FMB members carry the FMB Logo.
Why trust a FMB member?
Ensuring you have the right builder will bring peace of mind and confidence to any building project. Experience and professionalism from the builders you hire are vital in making the experience as painless as possible and a better building process.
Employing a builder who has a wealth of knowledge in the building sector is essential. Knowledge of planning services, project management, structural advice and local authority permissions are all key in ensuring your project has no unforeseen difficulties.
Every FMB member will have achieved all targets set out by the FMB which means that they are/have:-
- Credible in their quality of work
- Dedicated to ongoing staff training
- Adhere to the strictest of Health & Safety Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Can be trusted
- Regularly checked
- The right people to carry out the right works to your home
- Run checks on employees
- Public liability insurance
- Been verified and have proven that there are no un-discharged bankruptcies or outstanding County Court Judgements
- Directors that have all been checked
- Ensure contracts are in place before commencing any works
- Offer a warranty from the FMB Insurance Services
- Work for you and will discuss at any time any concerns you may have
- Discuss finances before commencing any work and confirm prices will not change
- Demonstrated a commitment to the highest standard of customer service
- TrustMark is the Government’s national scheme for recognising approved tradesmen, who must offer every client the option of taking out a warranty on any job costing more than £250
How do you become a FMB member?
To become a FMB member there is a strict criteria which must be met and continued to be maintained. The Federation of Master builders independently inspects and vets all members to ensure they have credible proof of their quality of work. The Federation of Master Builders have a strict code of practice which all members must follow.
How does the FMB’s protect the public?
The FMB has a decided dispute team who can assist with any problems which may arise pre, post or during works. If you are planning to undertake any projects on your home consider employing a Federation of Master Builder Member to carry out the works. Any mistakes made during the build process can be a costly one, we all have heard someone who has a horror story involving cowboy builders.Read More